Flaunting a toned and taut tummy is what everybody dreams of. At least once in our life, we have wished for having a chiseled abdomen to flaunt through any dress, fitting T-shirts, confidently pose for pictures without holding stomach in, and generally feel good and confident about our body. However, most people do not get to experience these things due to stubborn bulging tummy fat which may lead to body image issues, low confidence, and affect self-esteem. Sometimes having a healthy lifestyle, diet, tummy exercise do not help the fleshy stomach. Tummy exercise like crunches are effective, can strengthen your muscles, and help you shed excess fat; but tummy exercise has its own limitations. Tummy exercise can get rid of extra fat, strengthen muscles but it cannot give your tummy a firm, contoured appearance and it cannot get rid of loose, sagging skin that one may experience after weight loss or pooch/diastasis recti that most women struggle with after pregnancy. Even after doing tummy exercise, reducing weight, shedding extra fat from the tummy, many people realize that their lower belly fat is consistent and no amount of tummy exercise is helping in reducing it.
Resigned to such issues, many people opt for temporary solutions and easy fixes like tummy tuck belt, tummy tucker shapewear that are easily available in the market, offline and online. These tummy tuck belt and tummy tucker shapewear feel like effective solutions as they temporarily hide the fat and provide the illusion of a flat and fit tummy. But do they really work?
- Tummy tuck belt – A tummy tuck belt is a thick belt or a material that one is supposed to wear around the stomach. Some brands also provide creams or oils in addition to this tummy tuck belt. One may experience immediate results in the roundness or shape of their stomach after wearing such slimming belts or tummy tuck belt but that happens due to water weight loss as wearing thick tummy tuck belt results in excess sweat, leading to water weight loss. However, the tummy tuck belt does not provide long-lasting results and its effectiveness in removing tummy fat, improving the appearance of the tummy is yet to be proved.
- Tummy tucker shapewear – Tummy tucker shapewear is another quick solution or an easy fix to tummy fat issues. Everyone knows that tummy tucker shapewear does not help with fat loss, does not give long-lasting results but is an easy fix that effectively hides the fat and provides the illusion of a flat and fit tummy. Tummy tucker shapewear is not the permanent solution that will help a person actually feel confident and comfortable in their own skin as in those situations when one cannot/does not want to wear tummy tucker shapewear, a rotund abdomen is obvious, visible; and such temporary fixes not only affect the overall appearance of one’s body but in the long run, also may affect the self-esteem and confidence of the person.
So, what exactly can be done in addition to tummy exercise to achieve a flat, firm, and well-toned stomach? The solution is safe, effective, and has helped thousands of people around the globe to achieve their dream of having that taut abdomen – tummy tuck or tummy tuck surgery! You can see the results of tummy tuck surgery online by searching tummy tuck before and after , tummy tuck results etc.
Tummy Tuck Information Capsule:
|Synopsis of the tummy tuck surgery||Tummy tuck helps to tighten the abdominal muscles along with the removal of excess skin and fat to have a taut and firm tummy.|
|Length of process||Two to three hours (variable)||EMI||Interest-free EMI available for tummy tuck|
|Anesthesia||General anaesthesia along with intravenous sedation|
|Recovery||4 weeks to recover and 4 to 6 weeks to start heavy exercising|
|Alternative name||Alternative names for a tummy tuck are - Abdominoplasty, tummy tuck surgery, tummy tuck procedure, tummy tuck treatment|
|Cost of tummy tuck procedure||Cost of tummy tuck surgery - starting from Rs. 2,00,000/- + 18% GST (may vary)|
|Length of process||Two to three hours (variable)||EMI||Interest-free EMI available for tummy tuck|
a tummy tuck?
A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery, is a safe and effective surgery that aims to tighten the abdominal muscles, remove the stretch marks, and contour the abdominal area to give a well-toned and shapely appearance.
A tummy can be bulging and out of shape due to various reasons. Some of them involve:
- Pregnancy: A woman’s body undergoes tremendous changes during pregnancy. The abdominal area is affected drastically as the muscles stretch in order to accommodate the growing baby. After delivery and especially after C-section, the loosened muscles and skin stay drooping. It becomes difficult to achieve pre-pregnancy tautness or even maintain the figure in such situations. That’s why many women opt for a tummy tuck after c section or pregnancy.
- Aging: Loss of elasticity and firmness of the skin is one of the most prominent characteristics that accompany age, and the midsection is not an exception to this. Aging generally results in a flabby and rotund abdomen which affects the once youthful appearance of an individual. In such cases, the tummy tuck procedure helps in restoring or achieving a flat and firm stomach.
- Excessive weight loss: A significant change in a person’s weight also results in drooping and hanging skin around the abdomen. Even when one performs vigorous exercises, this skin and extra fat refuse to budge. This hampers the actual results of the weight loss as the hanging loose skin does not look appealing and attractive. This might affect the self-confidence of the person. Tummy tuck surgery removes the excess fat, loose, sagging skin, and provides a well-toned appearance.
An unshapely abdomen due to these and various other reasons can be corrected through a tummy tuck surgery. Dr. Santosh Bhatia first analyzes the issue at hand and then decides upon the type of surgery that one needs to undergo. He believes that each case is different, which is why the tummy tuck surgery needs to be tailored according to every individual’s need.
What are the
different types of tummy tuck procedure?
There are different ways in which a tummy tuck procedure or tummy tuck treatment is performed. Some of them are:
Often, liposuction is performed along with tummy tuck surgery in order to have better results. The type of tummy tuck treatment is decided by Dr. Santosh Bhatia during the consultation.
an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck treatment?
The criteria for an ideal candidate for tummy tuck procedure or tummy tuck treatment has been provided by Dr. Santosh Bhatia:
It is important to note that tummy tuck surgery is not a substitute for weight loss. It is necessary to reach close enough to your ideal body weight at least 8 to 10 months before the tummy tuck procedure. Weight Loss after the tummy tuck treatment or tummy tuck surgery generally hampers the results of the process.
Women who plan pregnancy must plan tummy tuck treatment after that. Pregnancy after a tummy tuck surgery will nullify the results.
If you fit into the above list, you are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck procedure.
What to expect at the
consultation with dr santosh bhatia?
Generally, when a patient comes to the office for a tummy tuck procedure, Dr. Santosh Bhatia guides them through the entire process. The type of tummy tuck is decided upon taking into consideration the patient’s unique case.
Vanity Cosmetic Clinic, Mumbai prides itself on transparency. Hence, Dr. Santosh Bhatia explains the achievable result to the patient beforehand. He listens to the patient’s needs, desires, and goals from the tummy tuck surgery.
Dr. Santosh Bhatia’s primary focus lies on the safety of the patient and their needs and desires regarding the final outcome. He gives utmost importance to the consultation so as to analyze every aspect and issue to deliver the best results as his ultimate priority lies in the satisfaction of the patient.
the cost of tummy tuck in Mumbai? How it is determined?
Insurance does not cover the cost of tummy tuck surgery as it is a cosmetic procedure. When it comes to the overall cost of tummy tuck treatment, the following factors are included:
The cost of tummy tuck in Mumbai may vary depending on certain factors like the type of surgery (first-time or revision), the technique used (full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, or extended tummy tuck), experience and expertise of the surgeon, the location of the clinic or hospital, and accreditation of the facility.
the cost of tummy tuck in mumbai?
As for the cost of tummy tuck in Mumbai, it is approximately around Rs.2,00,000/- + 18% GST with general anesthesia at Vanity Cosmetic Clinic, Mumbai. The cost of tummy tuck in Mumbai will vary as per your choice of hospital and room.
During the consultation, Dr. Santosh Bhatia will explain to you the total cost of tummy tuck surgery for your unique case and all the contributing factors.
What to expect before
the process of tummy tuck?
Before the tummy tuck surgery and after the consultation, the type of tummy tuck treatment is decided upon. Dr. Santosh Bhatia will need to know the entirety of the medical history in order to carry out the process smoothly and without any complications. The doctor will also ask you to undergo a few blood and urine tests in order to check for any impending issues.
Also, a few pictures will be taken to analyze the difference before and after a tummy tuck.
How is a
tummy tuck surgery performed at vanity cosmetic clinic, mumbai?
the recovery after a tummy tuck?
Small tubes are generally placed at the site of the surgery in order to drain out the excess fluid that might accumulate after the tummy tuck surgery. Also, the patient has to wear a compression garment in order to provide support to the new body contour and is to follow all the specific instructions provided by the tummy tuck surgeon to prevent the occurrence of any side effects.
Pain medications will be prescribed in order to alleviate the pain which is a common side effect after the tummy tuck treatment. These must be taken as prescribed in order to have a comfortable recovery.
The patient is advised against bending down or lifting materials as it might affect the sealed incisions. However, slowly walking for a time period might be advised so as to avoid the formation of blood clots.
Patients are absolutely barred from doing any vigorous exercises for at least 4 to 6 weeks to avoid any side effects.
the side effects of tummy tuck surgery?
These are the side effects and a few rare risks associated with a tummy tuck procedure:
Caution must be exercised at all times in order to prevent side effects and have a risk-free, safe procedure and recovery.
If you are wondering whether or not you are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck, we invite you for a consultation with Dr. Santosh Bhatia at Vanity Cosmetic Clinic in Mumbai where he will provide you with his expert guidance.
Before & after photos
Mini Tummy Tuck with High Definition liposuction
Tummy tuck with liposuction
Tummy tuck with liposuction (Male)
Tummy tuck with liposuction (Complex Case)
Book Appointment for a Consultation
Click the button below to Book Appointment at your preferred location.
Your consultation includes:
Dr. Santosh Bhatia
Dr Santosh Bhatia is Mumbai’s most-sought-after Plastic Surgeon. Founder and Director at Vanity Cosmetic Clinic, Dr Bhatia is also associated with some of the best hospitals in Mumbai such as Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Breach Candy Hospital.
Dr Bhatia has a vast global experience working with Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery hospitals in New York, Toronto, London, Chicago, Miami, Pune, and Mumbai.
Dr Santosh Bhatia’s focus lies in performing minimally invasive, state-of-the-art plastic surgeries that yield natural-looking and gorgeous results. He is a cosmetic surgeon with the vision of an artist. Dr Bhatia pays keen attention to details which makes the patient’s transformation graceful and aesthetically pleasing.
Dr Santosh Bhatia has happy patients including celebrities, socialites, and everyday women from all over the world. His surgical skills, experience and high-regard for safety has earned him a reputation not only in Mumbai but all over the world.
“Surgeon’s skill and experience, quality of care, infrastructure and facilities, and your comfort with the surgeon are just as important as the final cost of the surgery"