Who doesn’t want a memorable smile that leaves others mesmerized and wanting more? And what’s better than a dimpled one which looks even more pretty and beautiful? Aren’t we all smitten by the amazing dimpled smile of Alia Bhatt and the manly yet unique smile of John Abraham? What’s the common factor here which makes us fall in love with their smile? Definitely it’s their dimples!
One can imagine that being born with dimples is such a blessing, however, now it is possible to create dimples very easily with a small surgical procedure.
Astonishing isn’t it? There might be many questions that might arise in one’s mind regarding dimple creation. Dr Santosh Bhatia, Vanity Cosmetic Clinic’s Board Certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon has written this blog to answer all the questions which might arise in one’s mind regarding the dimple creation procedure.
What Are Natural Dimples?
A dimple is formed naturally when there is a slight problem in the cheek muscle. As a result, the skin covering this defect-prone area is stuck down at the time when the cheek muscle contracts as you smile.
The overlying skin forms deep notches to create the dimple. But now as mentioned above, a dimple can be artificially created, and here you will learn the know-how related to the same.
What Is Dimple Creation Surgery?
Dimple Creation Surgery, or often referred to as Dimpleplasty is a cosmetic surgery that can artificially create 100% natural-looking dimples. In this procedure, a small, painless incision on the inside of the cheek is made to create the dimple. The procedure is performed from the inside of your mouth with no incisions or scars on the outside skin.
Generally, the size and the depth of the dimple is customizable according to the need and the requirement of the patient. Also, it is not necessary that one can have dimples only on the cheeks. It is also possible to create a dimple on the chin or wherever the patient wants it.
All of this is decided during the initial consultation with your surgeon. Hence, consultation is an important factor when it comes to deciding the mode of surgery.
What Questions To Ask During The Consultation?
Dr Santosh Bhatia has curated a list of questions that you can ask at the consultation before undergoing the procedure. Getting the answers to these questions will help you in making an informed decision regarding the procedure.
- What does the procedure entail?
- What is the time required for the procedure?
- Will there be any stitches?
- Will I have to stay overnight at the facility?
- What precautions must be taken by my side before the procedure?
- What is the recovery like after the procedure?
- Are there any risks or complications that might arise out of the procedure?
- What measures must be taken to have a smooth procedure?
During the consultation, your surgeon will ask you about the size, shape, and depth of the dimple you want. Your pictures will be taken in order to analyse the before-after results.
Your medical history, any impeding allergies, and other surgeries you have undergone must be informed to the doctor in order to have a smooth process later.
Get Dimples in under 30 mins
What To Expect Before The Dimpleplasty?
Since Dimpleplasty is a minimally invasive procedure there aren’t too many preparations necessary before the surgery from the patient’s perspective. You may be asked to undergo a couple of routine blood and urine tests in order to establish basic parameters for the surgery.
But other than that, no special preparation is required from the patient’s side.
What Is The Procedure Of Artificial Dimple Creation?
- Artificial dimple is created under the influence of local anesthesia, meaning, you will be quite awake while the procedure is carried out. But if you want to sleep, you can inform your doctor and the arrangements will be carried out accordingly.
- Generally, dimple creation surgery takes 20-30 minutes, and you don’t need to stay back at the hospital as well. You can leave for home after the completion of the surgery, but need to strictly follow the routine suggested by your surgeon.
- A biopsy instrument will be placed against your inner cheek, and circular motions will be made. A core of the skin will be removed, leaving the cheek skin intact. This will lead to the creation of a cylindrical defect beneath the skin, which is afterwards covered up with the use of an absorbable suture.
- You will find the skin flattening out after a few weeks.
What Are The Post Operative Remedies?
- After the completion of the procedure, you will experience some swelling. Though this is quite common, you need to take care of the same by washing your mouth using an antiseptic solution daily as stated by your dimple creation surgeon.
- Generally, the healing period for this surgery is 6 -10 days. The cheek will heal completely after a few weeks, and hence the dimple will make your smile beautiful.
- The final outcome of dimple creation surgery will be seen after a month. However, you need to stay away from drinking or eating anything too cold or too hot as such food or drink can cause cold sores or burns.
- Take care of your oral hygiene at least for 15 days to make the surgery successful. Also, take the antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor.
- Routine checkups with your doctor will help analyze the recovery and the overall result.
What Are The Risks Associated With Dimple Creation Surgery?
Bleeding, over or under correction are some of the most commonly observed risks connected with dimple creation surgery. But this can be avoided with proper oral health.
Additionally, make sure to take proper pre-operative care and avoid the intake of food or drinks likely to thin blood. Moreover, avoid smoking and drinking both before and after the surgery- at least for a month.
What Are Other Facial Procedures Can Accentuate Your Beauty?
Dr Santosh Bhatia reveals some simple, effective cosmetic procedures which can enhance your beauty and compliment a dimpled face:
- Lip Enhancement – If you are bothered by flat and small sized lips then Lip Augmentation can give you beautiful, sensual and plump lips Read more.
- Facelift – If you feel that pollution, ageing and other natural elements are causing your face to look older or wrinkled then Facelift can help you in restoring your beauty safely and effectively Read more.
We hope that this blog helped you answer the questions which might arise in your mind regarding the procedure.
If you are wondering whether or not you are an ideal candidate for Dimple Creation Surgery we invite you for a consultation with Dr Santosh Bhatia at Vanity Cosmetic Clinic in Mumbai where he will provide you with his expert guidance and clear all your doubts!
Thank you for reading this blog.
In case of queries please get in touch with Dr Santosh Bhatia via [email protected]